Tuesday, April 05, 2005

It's Time To Rave. It's Time To Rant.

Well there isn't one central thing on my mind today, and it seems that some of you are getting restless, demanding I "Write my Blog already" (Thanks Josh). So today I'm just going to free associate random (and I mean random) matters of thought and see what kind of response it generates (yesterday received no comments, which I'm grateful for, considering the outcome of the Mets game).

-I don't know whether to go home tonight or to a book reading of Jonathan Tropper's on the West Side...
- The Mets need better relief pitching.
- I hope Peter Jennings lung cancer diagnosis is a wake up to you smokers out there
- I hope that's not me being judgmental about the lung cancer thing. Just I think it's really horrible, and since cigarettes ruined my grandmothers life, I take it personally.
- Becker/Bongo actually re-started the whole judgmental debate in the "Big Masquerade" comments area- go check it out.
-Jessica smells. Bad. She thinks I close the door to my office sometimes cause I have an interview or want privacy, but it's cause she reeks. Thanks again for the chinese food btw.
- I'm having trouble with the opening rhythm of Howie Day's "She Says" but perfectly learned Guster's "Careful".
- I like Avril Lavigne and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
- MARK GINSBERG!!!!!!
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel. He's funny. Laugh much I do.
- I saw some guy get hit in the crotch by his three year old kid on the street today. It was funny. I laughed. To quote Professor Julian Cornell of NYU/Queens: "Guy getting hit in the crotch: always funny." I agree.
OH it turns out I do have something to talk about. Here ya go (sorry if the above bored/weirded you out):

- I hate walking into a clothing store (Gap, JCrew, Express etc...) and being asked if I need help and/or being told about the new line. If I'm coming in to your store, odds are I'm going straight to the sales rack (don't hate me for being economical and looking so fine), and not buying anything full price- not even socks. If I want help I will kindly ask for it. These days I either have my Dell DJ with me or pretend I'm on the phone, so the people won't bother me.....but today I forgot to do one and the other; and the women at JCrew came in hard and fast, like a condor swooping down on an unsuspecting robin. And since I work across the st. and come in often I can tell she was waiting for this moment. I tried to maneuver, but she had me in her sights. She asked if i needed help and told me about the new line of this and that. She knew I wasn't interested and would only be buying stuff on sale as I always do, but she couldn't resist letting me know that she knew ("They know that we know they know!!"). I said thank you, and she said she'd be "right here" if I needed her, but what she was really saying was "I know your game you cheep shlub." You won this round Mrs. Crew (Crewella DeVille), but don't get used to it. I like your clothes, and I'll be back, and you will never blind side me like that again.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hopefool said...

I'd like to point out thta Shira's comment yesterday doesn't count.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the record i do not smell. indeed it is you that smell. and quite badly might i add.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005  
Blogger Hopefool said...

Oh please woman!! My natural odor is more refreshing than York Pepermint Paddy! I smell like the Garden Of Eden. On the train people fight to stand next to me, just so their olfactory system can have a vacation. Meanwhile you manage to have a subway car to yourself every morning. UREEKA!!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now if only you could learn how to spell.....

Tuesday, April 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha

Tuesday, April 05, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy Kimmel Rules!!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find a Lawyer