Saturday, November 12, 2005

Head of My Class....Almost

It's about 2:00 am on a Saturday night and I'm writing this from my new apartment. Don't worry I didn't leave yeshiva, but sometimes it can be a bit much, and I felt I needed to have my own place with a little peace and quiet. My friend knew a guy subletting his place, and the rent was cheap so I figured "why not"? Now my apartment is really nothing more than a small room with a decent porch to it. But it's in a good neighborhood (on the edge of the German Colony and Katamon), right off Emek, and most importantly I'm around people my age. I really like a lot of the kids at school (and theres some I don't too), but it's just a bit much being around teenagers all day. Now the part of the plan was to get this place and get back to my writing...Unfortunately I haven't written much of anything since I finished my screenplay.....and even more unfortunate is the fact that my computer crashed a few days ago (out of nowhere!!) At first it seemed like I might have totally lost all the info on my hard drive (my music, pics, 90% of ALL MY WRITINGS!) and when that was the case I was just losing it, fortunately it seems like we may be able to save it. But I had to send the machine back to America and will hopefully get it back good to go in a week or so.
OK I know that stuff is very boring, but it's been of importance to me. So now let's get to more interesting stuff....my continuous inner turmoil. But truth me told I'm still doing pretty well. I mean I do get down at times, and feel lonely at others, but I haven't had any sort of crippling angst or depression overcome me. I've still been doing a lot of stuff alone (still by choice for whatever reason), and doing a lot of inner searching....which actually sounds kind of weird when put like that, like Salinger writing an episode of the "Twilight Zone" or something. I guess I'm just looking for inner peace, trying to block out those negative emotions that prevent me from so much happiness in my life. I think I've been making progress religiously, almost coming into my own. I'm modern-Orthodox, I don't think I'm going to change that one way or the other, and for better or worse it seems that's how I'm going to live my life. I've been (re)accepting the fact that we just don't have free will when it comes to certain things in life, and bitching about it isn't going to change anything. I've learned that it's very hard to be really content (which in my mind equals happiness) in life when you want so much, but that you can't let that stop you from making the best of what you do have. I suppose that's a seemingly simple insight, but it's just something that's been on my mind. I think that's it for now. There's is a really heavy blog coming up soon, but I need more time to formulate it better. In the meantime I'm going to get back to the greatness that is Middle Eastern TV: a magical station where I can always catch episodes of my childhood favorite sitcoms "Growing Pains" and the show that I can't believe I still find excellent as an adult, "Head of the Class". I think we need positive, fun shows like this again on TV. I mean can anyone remember the last successful sitcom that centered around teens in a mischievously wholesome way?Where are the Mike Seavers and Zach Morris's? I'd even settle for a Theo Huxstable or a Samathan Masseli. Remember in camp how the rabbis would always show us episodes of "TAXI" in chinuch? Well I think that the next generation of kids should be graced with episodes of "Head of the Class", it's just that educational, but also realistic (unlike "Saved By the Bell", which is fun in the satirical sense)....and hilarious as well. Is Dennis not the funniest, heavy smart-ass in TV history? Are Arvid and Eric not perfect binary oppositions? Isn't it great how true Mr. Moore's wisdom is? Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

11 Comments:

Blogger Hopefool said...

Like I didn't hate Georgia enough (the Braves, Ted Turner, racism...), now this.

Saturday, November 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

latter anonymous, we will kick your ass. me and yoni dont want you perverting the essence of the bone with your dirty ways to make money. I thought i would tell you about a site that will KICK YOUR ASS!
I am listening to Phish now and it is so nice..."lets go out to dinner and see a movie..divided sky and the wind blows high..."

Sunday, November 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and dont bash georgia...i live there and it is good to me.

Sunday, November 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to be honest..I kinda lost you at the end of the blog, nobody watched head of the class, it didnt make any sense. But Saved by the bell, cosby show, whos the boss, all classics.

Sunday, November 13, 2005  
Blogger Hopefool said...

"Head of the Class" rules!! You don't know what you're missing out on K!! What didn't make sense: the show or my patented randomness? But kudos for knowing who Samantha Masseli was.
Josh- you're about the only good thing Georgia has going for it (Rina too I guess)

Sunday, November 13, 2005  
Blogger The Fades said...

Wait a second..in your camp the chinuch rabbis showed episodes of "taxi"?? Thats amazing; all we got to see was some sad tisha b'av movies. what a downer that was. I watched head of the class this summer while i was in israel. It was pretty good, they should get it out on dvd.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Hopefool said...

YES THEY SHOULD!! And I guess you went to a crappy summer camp. Yet another reason why Raleigh was a little piece of heaven on Earth.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're happier now.
oh, and by the way... I popped into your grandmothers shop last week.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Hopefool said...

Thank you so much!! Tizku lamitzvot!! I owe you 68

Wednesday, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

what's the significance with 68?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Hopefool said...

Just being rrrrrrrrannndddoommmmmm.

Thursday, November 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Find a Lawyer